The Time Traveller's Husband


The Time Traveller's Husband
When will I see you again?
When will we share precious moments?
Will I have to wait forever?
Will I have to suffer
And cry the whole night through?

Edward's Prologue

It's always hard for the one who's left behind, waiting. What makes it even harder, is the knowledge that this time I may never see Jasper again.

I try to keep myself busy. Reading, listening to music, playing my piano, even walking in our meadow - but everything reminds me of him. I just want to see him once more, to hold him, to kiss him, to tell him how much I love and need him.

I have always desperately wanted to be able to follow him, to know where he was, to be there for him, protecting him. But all I can do is wait for Jasper to return. Wait and hope and remember.

Jasper's Prologue

What does it feel like?

I always think I can hear a sound of rushing wind and then the world around me seems to be pulling away. I can't stop it or slow it down. It just happens. I may be standing in the supermarket, lying in bed with Edward, or at work in the library. In fact, it can happen at any time and in any place. I don't know when or where or why. It just happens and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

I always hope I will appear somewhere in time with Edward, but that's not always the case. I have appeared in the middle of a field, a highway, even in a police car and at various times of day or night. I usually go back in time, but not always. It is usually somewhere in America but not always. I just want it to stop so I can be where I belong - with my Edward, my husband.

To read the rest of the story see:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7296282/1/The_Time_Travellers_Husband



No comments:

Post a Comment